I sit down with podcast sports interviewer ‘Denny Krahe’ to talk about the love of running, some of the motivating factors behind my running as well as a host of other great topics.
“Greg wasn’t a runner growing up, but he definitely was into lifting weights. At some point a few years ago, he decided he wanted to drop a little bit of weight and started to dabble with running here and there.
As his health habits improved and he continued to feel better, he really got into endurance sports.
And the rest, as they say, is history.”
Here are some of the highlights of the conversation:
- Why he walked off the course of a 100 mile race at Mile 92
- The “high” he gets from running compares to nothing else
- Getting hooked on lifting weights as a kid, and lifting for hours each day
- The habit of “going big or going home” in every aspect of his life
- Finishing his first triathlon, and the emotions that went with it
- Learning not to judge an athlete by his or her physical appearance
- The constant need to be something more than he is currently
- The reactions he receives every time he enters a race, and the motivation he draws from it